Motorized AIARE Level 2
Motorized AIARE 2 is a three-day/24-hour course that provides backcountry riders an opportunity to advance their decision making skills in more complicated situations with respect to traveling in avalanche terrain - such as being the leader of group, riding in complicated terrain, and/or developing a plan where resources are scarce.
This course builds on the backcountry decision making process introduced in AIARE 1 and adds to it the evaluation of critical hazard assessment factors with more focus on weather, snowpack, avalanche processes, and identify how these processes relate to observations and riding in avalanche terrain.
Motorized AIARE 1 + Avalanche Rescue (or equivalents) are a prerequisite for this course.
- taken AIARE 1 or AAA Level 1 + AIARE or AAA Avalanche Rescue prior to course date
- a winter of practical experience after AIARE 1 or Level 1 course prior to this course
- snowmobile or snow bike (reliable and appropriate for mountain riding)
- avalanche rescue gear (digital avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe)
- backpack (airbag pack optional)
- DOT approved helmet
- the ability to ride off trail in varied terrain and deep snow
- a Wyoming State trails sticker
- transportation to and from classroom and field locations with your machine